The first CompTIA ANZ Channel Community meetings for 2019 were held last month in Sydney and Melbourne and our first ever meeting was held in New Zealand.
Moheb Moses, Director and Co-Founder of Channel Dynamics, is also the CompTIA Community Director. Moheb opened these meetings and introduced the amazing speakers.
Sydney gave us Brent Valle, founder, The Future Phase, who shared stories both personal and professional to illustrate traits and values that are important for up and coming leaders.
Grant Cleary, senior business marketing manager, AI Group, and CompTIA ANZ Executive Council member facilitated our panel, who included
- James Bergl, director of sales, APAC, Datto
- Rachael Broadfoot, distribution manager, ANZ, Citrix
- Alicia Lykos, talent optimisation director and owner, Red Wolf Group
- Nick Verykios, managing director, Arrow ECS ANZ.
The meeting also included breakout sessions, which were extremely popular and very informative. The topics for these were:
- I don’t want to be a bit$#!: the challenges and opportunities for women in the IT industry
- Leadership beyond the job title: leadership for all career levels, and the impact of individuals on leadership
- Millennials driving a new era of leadership: the impact of young people on leadership roles, and unpacking the negative connotations associated with management
- Leading through disruption: how leaders can embrace chaos and change, and lead with innovative mindsets
- The challenges and complexities of modern leadership: how to overcome the unique challenges posed by modern leadership
- Diversity in leadership: the value of introverts as leaders, and how leadership can expand to include gender, cultural, and socio-economic differences.
The next ANZ Channel Community Meetings will be held later this year, so be sure to keep an eye out for the dates and locations.
For those of you not familiar with CompTIA, it is a non-profit trade company that was established to support the IT Industry (vendors, solution providers, MSPs, distributors) and offers training, education, certification and resources and tools for its members. Registration is free for anyone in the IT industry. There is also a Premier Membership program that includes access to exclusive IT channel resources, immediate access to IT channel research report and other benefits.
CompTIA have an ANZ Channel Community that is dedicated to our Australia and New Zealand based resellers, solution providers, distributors, vendors and channel associates. This offers a forum for ANZ-specific discussion to help understand how CompTIA can best assist the ANZ channel and its members.
If you want to learn more about the ANZ CompTIA Community, click here